Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weekends like this...


Will make me miss New Zealand so much!

This weekend with my mind free of uni., was so simple and soooo much fun. It was spent with lots of laughs and many great people.
Friday: I was so relieved to be done with lectures and homework, Terra and I headed to town and got some lunch at burger fuel, the did some window/real shopping. Drank the most brilliant hot chocolate I have ever tasted and then headed to the movies with some girls. We went to see Boy, which is a Kiwi movie about a Maori boy. It was pretty good. When we got home we drank some Craggy Range Riesling and it was very yummy and we headed into town to go to a show. After some wanderings we finally found said "show" in a run down flat on top of a shoe store. Hung out there for a bit and in every way it reminded me of Chico. Then we headed out for some drinks. The night ended with a Jester's pie and Trevor scaring the living daylights out of me.

Saturday: We dyed Terra's hair in the morning. She actually trusted me with her hair and dye. EEEEPS! Everything went well though, a little darker than planned though. Next on the agenda was a Tui Brewery tour with Margo, Terra, Trevor and Nicky. However, we got to the brewery too late and so we didn't get to go on the tour but we did have a beer sampler. Then we jammed back in the car to get some pizza. Not sure I have ever eaten so much and laughed about nothing before. After that we went and hung out with some newish French friends. We went to their Flat and just hung out and talked and then headed to High Flyers for some dancing. Got home around 3:30 AM and therefore slept in super late the next morning.

Sunday (today): After sleeping heaps, I met up with Gemma, Cyril (sp?) and Terra. We went back to Cyril and had brunch. After that we loaded back up into the car and headed to Woodville to experience some yummy mummy cheesecake. The cheesecake was decent, but I have definitely had better. It was still a fun adventure though. Then we headed up to wind farm because Gemma had never seen it. On the way back home we got some kebabs and Terra and I headed back to my hostel to watch a movie and now I think I will just be cozy in my bed for a while and ignore the fact I must start studying tomorrow.

The weekend doesn't sound like the most thrilling thing ever but it was just completely carefree and fun. Things just fell into place. Good memories were made, and it is sad to think that my time making memories in NZ is coming to an end, but at the same time it will be nice to get back home and make some new memories with friends and family. It is just weird to think that all these people I have spent the last 4 months with I may never see again.

I think getting ready to leave NZ has taught me the true meaning of bittersweet. Some days I am dying to get home and get back to "my" life and other times I never want to leave.
OK well I think this has gotten mushy enough so here is a pic to lighten the mood...Karaoke to Spice Girls "Wannabe"...
Love Jane

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you two were really rattling your pipes! (glad there's not a soundtrack!)

    ReplyDelete